Thursday, November 6, 2008

Should I stay or should I go?

Illegal immigrants have so much to gain and lose when they come over to the United States. There are many reasons they do it too. I believe they come over here because there is much more freedom in the U.S. than in Other countries. I also believe they just want much more in their lives. When they come over, even though there is more freedom here, they lose their many of their rights, such as rights to vote, to have many jobs, many wonderful rights that legal U.S. citizens get they lose as they cross the border. They gain a beautiful new land, better living conditions, more freedom, and a much better life in general.

Personally I think I would more likely immigrate for almost the same reasons. The biggest reason I would immigrate would probably be because of freedom. If there is a problem with the economy or anything else it really would not matter much to me if I did not have freedom. I would lose many rights, but what kind of life can you lead with no freedom in it.

3 comments:

~Da Chozen One~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
carrie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
carrie said...

Very thoughtful and thorough responses. I especially like this point you make, "If there is a problem with the economy or anything else it really would not matter much to me if I did not have freedom. I would lose many rights, but what kind of life can you lead with no freedom in it."

A few small errors, but overall well written. 19/20 points.